Surgery Scheduler - Cardiothoracic
- Virginia Mason Medical Center
- $156,930.00 - 75,980.00 / Year *
- 7701 44th Ave NE
- Seattle, WA 98115
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Job Number: 190047
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at every level.
You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients.
This position coordinates and schedules appointments for surgeries and follow-up appointments for multiple physicians at the clinic or hospital (s). Performs pre-operative and post-operative data entry, chart assembly, and provides patients with necessary information . Assists in the efficient management of the daily surgery schedule, including inter- and intra-departmental communication intended to facilitate the flow of surgical patients.
* 3 years experience in a medical office environment with knowledge of medical surgical terminology.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Abillity to use a computer.
* Strong organizational skills.
* The ability to work under pressure.
* The ability to participate as a member of a team.
* Reliability and punctuality.
* Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
* Experience with IBM/Cerner/IDX applications preferred.
* Experience/certification in department specialty may also be required.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the nation, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician