Desktop Support Technician I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
At OPTUM, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OPTUMSERVE. OPTUMSERVE provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OPTUMSERVE you are part of the family of companies that make UNITEDHEALTH GROUP a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by OPTUM in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing YOUR LIFE'S BEST WORK.(SM)
Positions in this function provide technical support to the enterprise. This function includes employees working on incident management response and restoration; determination of issue priority, provisioning, and service request fulfillment; installations, upgrades, and releases / deployments; and problem management analysis and resolution. It also includes data center construction, operations, and maintenance employees.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post - offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
- Receive, troubleshoot and respond to Help Desk requests via phone calls or e - mails in a 24 / 7 environment
- Set up and maintain hardware and software including computers, printers, copiers, faxes, scanners, and projectors
- Educate end - users on how to resolve various hardware and software problems
- Act as front end support for all incoming technical issues, and gather accurate data related to the incidents reported by end users. Test the given information for validity and accuracy. Escalate complex issues and non - IT related problems to the appropriate department
- Assist staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment and software complying with given standards and guidelines
- Provide direct first line support in the testing and deployment of new policies and systems
- Monitor stock levels of hardware and submit request for equipment when needed
- Front Desk duties to include helping walk ins, recording receipts of computer equipment
- Provide on - site technical support for video conference software and hardware
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues
- Maintain a working inventory of most used items for desktop support. Inventory and request items as needed to maintain effective amounts
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Loading some great jobs for you...