Software Engineer, Data Modeling
Compensation: $94,625.00 - $189,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
To help users understand their data, first Tableau needs to understand it. The Data Modeling tools let the users describe the various sources of their data and how they relate to each other. Tableau uses this information to build expressive, efficient queries that retrieve the users data to produce the visualizations that answer their questions.
On the Data Modeling team we are building these capabilities into Tableau, and we need your help to make it happen!
As a Software Engineer, you will contribution to building the next generation platform for expressing the diversity of users data models. This platform will be used by multiple interfaces for users to author their models, and by Tableau s database query code to build plans for retrieving the necessary data efficiently. As a platform, it must be well-tested, robust, expressive of the needs of its clients, and easy to write client code for.
Some of the things you ll be doing include
* Designing and coding platforms and APIs that provide solutions with a diverse and growing client base.
* Collaborating with engineers, product managers, designers, and technical writers to gather and prioritize features and requirements.
* Promoting engineering excellence by writing clean, readable, maintainable, modular, and efficient code.
* Contributing to code reviews, designs, and team process.
WHO YOU ARE
* EXPERIENCED. We are open to candidates of various levels with a range of industry experience.
* TECHNICAL. You have strong skills and experience in at least one Object Oriented programming language to implement features and write automated tests for them.
* PASSIONATE. You have a passion for solving complex problems, whether at work or in your spare time on your own projects. You do great work even when no one is watching. The drive to deliver is just a part of you with a strong tendency towards automating and streamlining processes.
* TEAM PLAYER. You enjoy collaborating, learning from, and teaching those around you. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to create a positive work environment.
* EDUCATED. Computer Science degree/engineering academy graduate, or equivalent professional experience.
* YOU ARE A RECRUITER! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!',
For More details go to URL
Associated topics: .net, backend, back end, c#, develop, developer, devops, perl, software development engineer, software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...