Manager, Project Management Technical (Technology PMO)
This position can be based in Bothell, WA, Bellevue, WA, Snoqualmie, WA, Parsippany, NJ or Frisco, TX.
Responsible for national and cross functional team of Project Managers responsible for planning, implementation and management of strategic initiatives within T-Mobile Technology. Responsible for large scale, multi-tiered roll out of new technology programs. Manager serves as point of contact for Executive team and other cross functional teams the Project Management organization supports. Manager will be trusted with driving Technology projects that support growth of other business units including Retail, Care, B2B and Marketing. Role ensures consistent high quality and timely delivery of operational and project-based activities. Responsible for understanding company initiatives/program/project road mapping, managing scope and definition under PMO principles and practices and processes. Provides high-level oversight of the Project Management team's activities. Provides strategic guidance for high complexity or company critical projects.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Qualifications
* 4-7 years' experience managing personnel and coaching team members on resolving conflict and performance issues; formal training in coaching or management skills required.
* 4-7 years' experience in the telecommunications or IT industry, with a proven record of progressive and/or diverse roles.
* 4-7 years Program or Project Management experience with managing or leading large, complex technology projects.
* 4-7 years' experience in developing and delivering professional presentations to the senior management.
* 4-7 years' experience in providing technical expertise and guidance to peers and other Project Managers.
* Ability to think creatively, work under pressure, and demonstrate proficient analysis skills with excellent attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to clearly and concisely present information in one-on-one and small group situations and interact effectively at all levels while being sensitive to diverse corporate and personal cultures
* Excellent time management skills
* Proficient in use of MS Office, specifically Project, Excel and PowerPoint
* 4-7 years experience in the wireless telecommunications industry
* Experience managing complex projects and programs cross functionally.
* Bachelors Degree. Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or combination of equivalent experience and education
License or Certification
PMP certification desiredEssential Functions
* Accountable for strategic identification and detailed definition of strategic initiatives. Provides high-level guidance to identify resources from all disciplines (Engineering and Operations, EIT, Retail, and/or other departments). Facilitates organization's Project Management goals.
* Manages Project Management functional scope and schedule. Provides oversight of management and allocation of personnel and resources to projects. Resolves resource conflicts and priorities
* Supports development and training of Project Management team members. Establishes goals for the department and individual team members in alignment with company objectives. Measures performance against goals. Demands continual improvement in quality of work and processes, and promotes the highest levels of team morale. Embraces change in the organization and strives for \"world class\" technical and organizational performance
* Champions definition and measurement of success metrics to objectively quantify project success. Ensures that project execution complies with approved methodology. Manages to strategic dates.
* Serves as a first - level escalation point for project issues. Facilitates root-cause assessment to determine appropriate escalation steps. Works with Manager-level peers to resolve cross-functional project issues.
* Sets stakeholder and project team expectations and ensures that the project managers have the deliverables align to business needs. Maintains accountability for the quality of deliverables. Coaches project managers how to proactively anticipate and mitigate issues that could hinder the quality or timing of the project/program. Ensures that the project managers are communicating any gaps in design and are setting realistic expectations on deliverables.
* Identify new ideas and adopt them within organization
* Delight customers by adopting best practices
* Create impact through personal confidence, expertise and authority
* Establish reciprocal relationships across teams
* Delegate and hold others accountable for results
* Link business goals to everyday actions and priorities
* Coach and develop others for the long term
* Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task