Structural Engineer Intern
Compensation: $84,115.00 - $128,650.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec s multi-disciplinary offices in the Puget Sound Area have opportunities for highly motived Structural Bridge Design Intern to join our growing team of professionals in Bellevue, Washington. Our Transportation group provides services for state and municipal clients throughout Washington State and North America. We seek team players who desire and thrive in a collaborative work environment, have excellent communication skills and strong analytical and design capabilities. These positions will provide project level design opportunities on high profile and transformative bridge, road, and transit design projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Support design leads for bridge and structural design assignments
* Provide analysis and design for new and rehabilitation of all types of highway & rail transit bridge structures.
* Seismic analysis experience
* Technical and code review of structural design calculations and construction drawings
* Prepare project development reports, type selection studies, construction drawings, project special provisions and other project documents
* Perform analysis and design of highway and transit bridges and other structures using multiple software packages
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and accuracy
* Proven ability to deliver a wide variety of project scopes on time and budget
* Self-motivated individual with strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with some design software platforms
* Ability to use MicroStation preferred or AutoCAD
* Participation in professional associations preferred
* Good driving record and valid driver s license required
Education and Experience
* Junior or Senior year of Bachelor of Science (BSCE) program, or post BS studies with emphasis on structural design
* EIT preferred, but not required
* 0-1 year experience in the design of bridges and or transportation projects
* Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Designer
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 200000CD
Associated topics: building information, cad, design engineer, designer, engineer, structural, structural designer, structure, systems engineer, technical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...