This is a fast-paced high energy part-time position requiring a positive, efficient and professional image. Agents will work at the airport, directly with the public and are responsible for providing service for arriving and departing cruise guests. Agents working for SMS International Shore Operations US, Inc., direct and assist cruise guests in all aspects of airport operations such as meet and greet, escort, transportation coordination services, etc. as assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Answers general questions in an accurate and pleasant manner. Takes the initiative to assist each and every guest.
· Behaves and treats other employees, guests and the public in a courteous, cooperative, respectful and professional manner.
· Greets all guests with a smile and welcomes them; fosters a welcoming and friendly atmosphere at all times.
· Carries and displays the approved signage at shoulder height to ensure proper visibility.
· Volunteers assistance and circulates in the luggage area, remaining accessible and approachable.
· Directs guests to proper areas (i.e. check-in counter, waiting area).
· Qualifies guests with transfers and consults manifest as needed.
· Pro-actively and efficiently sells transportation; documents transactions accurately and completes all required accounting procedures as per set standards.
· Provides guests with pertinent information regarding transportation, pier experience and sailing, according to department manual and training.
· Ensures that all physically challenged/special needs guests are handled respectfully and appropriately.
· Escorts guests to the bus and controls guest flow accordingly.
· Performs luggage sweep of all airline carousels at the end of each day and immediately reports any leftover luggage to the supervisor and airline representative; assists with expediting luggage, as needed.
· Clears and cleans workstation and/or area by the end of each day and ensures all paper work has been turned in to appropriate personnel.
· Shows flexibility by performing any and all additional duties/projects assigned by management on a daily basis.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Prior customer service or related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Demonstrated ability to communicate in English, sufficient to provide information and answer general questions.
· Good organizational and customer service skills.
· Good communication skills and crowd control abilities to guide large groups and control lines.
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment in front of large groups.
WORK CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS & TRAVEL:
· Position includes frequent standing, walking, lifting, pushing and pulling for up to 6 hour increments on average.
· Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, lift or carry.
· Position is exposed to indoor/outdoor work environment at pier/airport and terminal locations under varying weather conditions.
· Flexibility to work hours ranging from 5:00 am – 4:00 pm or until ships departures; may include weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...