Providence is calling a Mental Health Counselor (Psychiatric Center for Children, Evening Shift, 0.7 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
* Use your knowledge of contemporary psychosocial principles to provide optimal care to the patient and family.
* Conduct regularly scheduled caseload consultation with the consulting team psychiatrist and/or mental health team.
* Track patient follow-up and clinical outcomes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor's degree in Psychology or related Human Services (Education requirement may be waived in the case of an applicant demonstrating exceptional relevant clinical experience)
* A valid and unencumbered Washington State license/registration for one of the following at time of hire:
* Certified Counselor, Mental Health Counselor
* Licensed Advance Social Worker
* Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
* Agency Affiliated Counselor credential from the Washington Department of Health within 60 days of hire
* Must have a Washington State Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) within 30 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Highly preferred: Experience working in the mental health field, preferably in a counselor role.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.