Tier 3 Operator, Oracle National Security Regions
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Security Services
Minimum requirement: US Citizen with at least an active TS clearance that is SCI eligible
We are building the next generation IaaS cloud and the next generation cloud support experience to go with it. We are assembling a team of energetic, customer-focused site reliability engineers to build a world-first and best in class customer experience blending sys admin, incident commander, and NOC engineer disciplines. You’ll be part of a team that learns deeply how our cloud platform works so you can be the bridge between Engineering and Operations.
As part of the broader Engineering organization, you will act as the voice of the customer to influence product features and plans to improve customer experience. This role is integral to the success of our customer relationships and is critical to the success of the platform.
This role will support Oracle’s Government customers.
* Act as lead/mentor for Tier 2 Operators
* Act as a point of escalation for incidents and other issues arising within the region
* Operates and performs maintenance for services running within the region
* Deploys code and executes other changes within the region
* Troubleshoots operational issues on behalf of service teams
* Ensures timely resolution and documentation of incidents through bridges
* Ensures thorough documentation of incidents through company-standard reporting methods
* Monitors the region for faults, alarms, and other errors. Informs internal teams as required through process and procedure
* Ability to maintain a US government security clearance (TS/SCI level clearance)
* Bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science, MIS or another technical field, or equivalent work experience
* Experience with Linux
* Experience with orchestration/automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, etc.)
* Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Experience deploying code within change management procedures
* Experience participating in or running incident bridges
* Experience troubleshooting complex software and/or networking issues
* Customer obsession, passion for delighting customers
* Strong understanding of cloud concepts and platforms
* Experience in cloud technical support, operations, NOC or similar is preferred, but not required
* Experience working with government customers is preferred, but not required
* Proven ability to quickly learn new technical domains and then train others
* Great verbal and written communication skills
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle products and services. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...