Compensation: $38,440.00 - $50,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Under the general supervision, performs routine and preventative maintenance painting duties and a full range of specialized painting projects. Production Painter is responsible for manufactured goods, machine surfaces and decorative material. Production Painter will perform inspections, clean-ups, storage and disposal of paint products; and operate various tools and equipment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions) :
* Perform a variety of routine and preventative maintenance painting duties, such as high steel and structural steel painting, sand blasting, preparation for enamel, glaze, gel-coat or lacquer.
* Prepare and paint a variety of surfaces including, aluminum, ferrous metal, shop coated metal, uncoated metal, finished hardware, accessories, light fixtures, plates, and other surfaces as specified.
* Thoroughly cleans product.
* Prepares product painting surface area.
* Repairs minor flaws on surface for smooth finish.
* Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color.
* Organizes spray container and connects gun to air hose.
* Regulates width and pressure of spray by turning sprayer valves and nozzle.
* Applies prime or finish coat.
* Finishes product with hand brush if necessary.
* Correct work as directed; repair nicks, scratches or other small imperfections in the finish.
* Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with required cleanser.
* Heats and sprays wax onto products after they are test.
* Removes rust from metal with provided materials.
* Troubleshoot and repair spray equipment.
* Handle hazardous materials safely.
* Clean up work areas, equipment, supplies and materials; apply standard safety practices and procedures.
* Maintain safety standards in the performance of duties.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
* Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to write and present information clearly to customers, clients, and co-workers.
* Strong mathematical skills (compute rates, ratios and percent; interpret bar graphs).
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Ability to assemble and disassemble.
* Ability to clean and maintain guns, pumps and equipment.
* Knowledge of spray techniques.
* Work independently in the absence of supervision.
* Perform a variety of painting related tasks for extended periods of time.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education & Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum one to three months of related experience and/or training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Requires walking and/or standing for extended periods of time; kneeling, crawling, stooping, bending, or twisting for extended periods of time; pushing, pulling, and reaching above the shoulders; wearing personal safety equipment; manual and detailed hand work using both hands, may require repetitive manual tasks and lifting up to 70 pounds.
* Work in confined spaces, underground, on slippery or uneven surfaces; exposure to heat, cold, noise, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, toxic chemicals; inclement weather conditions; moving objects/vehicles.
* Complies with Company policies and procedures.
To view the full job description please use the link below: '
Associated topics: coater, conformal coat, grind, paint, plater, polish, powder, refinish, spray, surface
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...