The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
The Senior Manager, Leadership Events is responsible for ensuring the assigned revenue portfolio reaches budgeted revenue of $2M+. Portfolio includes: Dinner of Champions Seattle, On the Move Luncheon Seattle, Gala MS Portland and/or other events as assigned. The position also supervises staff assisting with these and/or other events. This position is responsible for recruiting, training and leading staff and volunteers to meet and exceed event campaign goals in all these areas.
Generates $2M+ in Leadership Events revenue while providing leadership, accountability and direction for the staff and volunteer team throughout the assigned event revenue portfolio
Collaborate effectively with all Society departments to achieve development goals as well as broader goals, e.g. Chapter, region, and national goals.
- Develop campaign plans, fundraising goals and objectives that support Society strategies; manage the implementation of fundraising plans ensuring that adequate resources are provided to successfully accomplish goals and objectives.
- Manage the budget for assigned Leadership Events ensuring that revenue and expenses are effectively managed and adjusted throughout the fiscal year as indicated or needed; provide progress reports and revenue/expense projections to the Director, Leadership Events.
- Use market research, industry and competitive data to analyze and develop future direction to increase fundraising.
- Responsible for establishing, cultivating and securing strong relationships with corporate partners and individual donors
- Ensure high-end customer service for the Society's contributors.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Engage with staff and volunteers to keep local strategies and initiatives in line with organizational priorities and to develop personal and team strengths and leverage continuous learning opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Individual Giving and Major Gift Team to ensure a unified approach to major donors who are also event participants or corporate sponsors.
- In collaboration with the market leadership team, individual giving/major gift team, corporate team, assign and cultivate relationships with donors, sponsors and vendors.
- Work to ensure that proper mechanisms are in place to appropriately receive and account for donations and expenses.
- Partner with the Marketing department to develop ways to expand the Society's reach and to increase revenue.
- Work to ensure that all donor records are accurately recorded into the national database and to facilitate donor recognition.
- Increase the number of Society volunteers focused on Leadership Events by recognizing and recruiting talent
- Engage volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools and resources in their local market. Identify, develop and grow volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensure volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Ensure that volunteers are fueling the success and expanding the capacity by coaching to and assisting staff with building action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising (acquisition of sponsors and individual donors) and event experience (the quality of the experience a company and/or individual has from the time they commit through completion of the event) that will be led by the market Leadership Events staff.
- Cultivate volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.