Maxim Healthcare Services is looking to hire a Post Anesthesia (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) who will demonstrate critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, and leadership in planning for the care of a patient. We currently have 3 different clients looking for their next nursing candidate. We're offering full time and part time. Monday through Friday schedule, weekends and holidays off. Apply today to find out if you're a good fit!
- Coordinates patient care. Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist continuously as needed about patient conditions; receives direction for patient management. Intercedes to maintain optimum homeostasis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of preoperative factors that alter immediate postoperative phase. Utilizes nursing procedures as a media for communication and interaction with patient.
- Identifies physical symptoms/changes and takes appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of airway management and procedures and the ability to use the equipment. Demonstrates ability to assess cardio-respiratory systems for changes and provide appropriate treatment.
- Observes behavioral and physiologic changes due to medications; takes appropriate action and documents. Adjusts and acts upon expectations of patient's behavior according to the effect medication has on the patient. Follows the five medication rights and reduces potential for medication errors.
- Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Uses appropriate pain management techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of anesthetic drugs, actions and side effects. Demonstrates knowledge of arterial lines, central lines, spinal/epidural catheters and how to document.
- Carries out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments and special procedures. Carries out established techniques for safe administration of medications and parenteral fluids, according to hospital policy and procedure. Carries out safety measures to prevent patient from harming self or others.
- Provides explanations and teaching to patient/family, as necessary. Protects patient's sensitivities and right to privacy; maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Treats patients and families with dignity and respect. Maintains confidentiality at all times with patients, medical staff and co-workers.
- Completes work in acceptable time frame and in a way that is productive and effective. Willing to take on new work routines/methods. Demonstrates flexibility. Meets and practices facility's performance standards.
- Other Post Anesthesia (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state in which the Registered Nurse (RN) practices.
- Current TB test or x-ray.
- Prefer at least 1 year of Post Anesthesia (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) experience.
- Current BLS card.
- Must pass all Maxim screening exams with 80% or greater.
- ACLS and PALS certification per Post Anesthesia (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) contract requirements.
- Must pass criminal background screening.
- Physical exam per state or Post Anesthesia (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) contract requirements.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, ccu, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care unit, registed, registered nurse, staff nurse, unit