Maintenance Technician (Seattle, US)
Requisition ID 14451
Position Type (US)Full Time
Career Function Manufacturing/Production
Posting Type DNI
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you'll work:
At our Seattle, Washington facility we are part of the Beverage division where we create hundreds of different products for Kerry and our retail customers. If you’re looking to build a career in manufacturing with a team you can have some fun with, we might be the team for you. We are looking for someone to help us keep things running!
We have an immediate opening for a 3rd shift Maintenance Technician. The schedule would be Monday through Friday 10pm - 6am.
What you'll do:
You’ll work with the Maintenance team to complete building repairs, equipment installation, troubleshooting and installation, fulfillment of assigned work orders and unforeseen repairs in a timely fashion. You’ll follow good manufacturing practices to maintain inventory, preventative maintenance, good housekeeping and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental laws and regulations. We strongly believe in “Safety First, Quality Always” for our employees, products, and customers. If this is something, you’re passionate about also, this could be your next great opportunity!
Important areas of operations you’ll work on (but are not limited to):
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearing, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Install and maintain pipe systems, hydraulic steam, pneumatic equipment
- Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and other related equipment
- Building maintenance including minor plumbing, welding, and general upkeep
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
2+ years of General Maintenance Experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment & food/beverage experience is highly preferred
- High school diploma or GED is required; associated degree in relevant field preferred
- Possess and demonstrate basic technical knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Stainless Steel Welding/Fabrication
- Ability to be or become or is a Sanitary Certified welder. (outside certification)
- Piping systems
- PLC’s (Programmable logic controllers) – a plus
- Process control instrumentation
- HVAC systems
- Process equipment
- Personal Computing
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .
Loading some great jobs for you...