Certified Arborist - Part Time
Employment Type: Part-Time
This position will include tree survey, testing, evaluation, data recovery, and construction monitoring, as well as other tasks as assigned. Position requires preparation of detailed field notes and tree survey records, research, report writing and QA/QC of another Arborists work. Position may be responsible to lead a field crew, with scheduling and allocating resources, scheduling, budgeting, and identification/management of potential field risks.
Candidates must be able and willing to work outdoors in remote locations and for extended periods under all weather conditions, often traversing rugged terrain. Must demonstrate awareness for workplace safety; and be willing to work independently when conditions are appropriate or with limited supervision.
- Certified Arborist in the NW (state by state?)
- Knowledge of tree species, conditions, diseases, and field assessment conditions in the NW
- Knowledge of computers and GPS equipment
- Ability/willingness to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills to effectively complete assigned workload within defined timelines and in accordance with established standards
- Experience in Washington, Idaho, Oregon, or California
In addition to the above required qualifications, the following are desired:
- Tree Risk Assessment (TRAQ) Certification
- At least 3-5 years of field experience in Arboriculture, Dendrology, Forestry, Horticulture; or
1-2 years of experience and a degree in one of these or a similar field.
Loading some great jobs for you...