Senior Director for System Validation
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
It s an exciting time to be at Impinj. We have connected over 25 billion items to the digital world allowing businesses to analyze and use data about those items to improve efficiencies, increase sales, and delight customers. Join Impinj and help us realize our vision to deliver digital life to everyday items such as retail apparel
, medical supplies
,automobile parts and more, extending the reach of the Internet by a factor of 1,000.
Today s Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications rely on item-level data enabled by RAIN RFID technology. Impinj, the world s #1 provider of RAIN RFID products and solutions, including RAIN endpoint ICs, RAIN reader ICs, is looking for a Senior Director for System Validation.What you ll work on:
We re looking for you with:
- Leads the system testing of new and recurring RAIN RFID products, including but not limited to functional, conformance, performance, reliability and interoperability testing.
- Ensures that all test developments and execution follow a disciplined engineering process.
- Works closely with other engineering and groups and program management in development of test plans, test readiness criteria, triage and product quality reviews
- Reviews and negotiates system test requirements and procedures with customers and partners.
- Partners within the engineering organization to drive product quality continuance improvement strategy and initiatives.
- Allocates and monitors progress of test engineering resources to program
- Provides test forecasts and identifies test lab and infrastructure needs for future projects
- Responsible for the upkeep of all test engineering laboratory resources, including but not limited to calibration, automation and upgrades
- Identifies opportunities in the test group to improve test capabilities and procedures to achieve increased efficiency
- Bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as drives results and follows established processes
- Establishes long and short-term objectives as they relate to individual employee achievements
Benefits of working at Impinj
- 15 years of experience in the wireless communications industry, with proven track record of delivering high volume products.
- 10 years of leadership in test engineering organizations operating within matrixed, multi-product, multi-disciplinary engineering structure.
- Hands on knowledge of radio and wireless test and qualification procedures and equipment, experience in creating remote and virtual lab infrastructure.
- Hands on knowledge of systems test automation frameworks and reporting tools, including deployment of new test automation framework.
- Experience in contract negotiation with test equipment vendors and outsourcing agencies
- BSc EE/CS degree.
Join a team of exceptionally capable colleagues who work passionately on everything from silicon chip designs to Ember.js web interfaces. Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated. We have bi-weekly open Q&A sessions with our executive team. We have an open time-off policy paired with a profound respect for work/life balance. Impinj has a commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality
Loading some great jobs for you...