Director Of Internal Audit
Eddie Bauer in Bellevue, WA
- Industry: Accounting - Corporate Accounting - Senior
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $104,555.00 - 115,560.00 / Year*
Responsible for the design and implementation of the Company s internal audit programs, including Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 audit compliance. Provides objective review, analysis and appraisal in key areas such as accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley controls, work processes, ethics, information technology security and fraud detection and prevention. Through written and oral communication, interfaces regularly with Chief Financial Officer, Controller, and other senior executives of the Company and the Finance department. Works with the company s external auditors and produces Sarbanes-Oxley program for the Company. Supervises an Internal Auditor but will also be relied on to help develop staff within the Accounting organization. Identifies opportunities to enhance controls throughout the organization and acts upon them, gaining cooperation and support from executives and management throughout the organization as needed.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 audit compliance program for the company. Performs sophisticated audit analyses, Sarbanes-Oxley audit workpapers and audit reports. Ensures that Sarbanes-Oxley audit workpapers produced by the department are of sufficient independence and quality such that they can be relied upon by the external auditors. Coordinates Sarbanes-Oxley audit work plans with the external auditors.
- Provides objective review, analysis and appraisal in key areas such as accounting, work processes, ethics, information technology security and fraud detection and prevention. Ensures that the Company s internal controls are documented and updates documentation as needed. Identifies strength and weaknesses of financial and operational controls, including fraud detection and prevention. Investigates and resolves any compliance problems, questions or complaints that may arise.
- Develop and execute testing and control processes as a part of major system implementation projects, specifically with financial systems and ERP.
- Ensures that the Chief Financial Officer and other senior executives of the company as well as senior management of Accounting and Finance are kept informed of the latest developments pertaining to Sarbanes-Oxley and other audit issues. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, uses effective teamwork with the senior management of the Accounting department and other executives, as needed, to create controls and procedures that meet audit standards in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provides coaching, and training to personnel of all levels within the Accounting department to support the department s goals.
- Represents the internal audit department to other departments within the company in various project teams, company-wide meetings, training seminars, and other ad-hoc/impromptu group meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as an PSEB advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Accounting, and/or Audit with 7-10 years of broad-based public accounting-related work experience, with at least 3 years of prior supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Prior operational experience including risk management and process improvement
- Thorough understanding of SOX 404
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including use of MS Office, database applications, query software
- Knowledge of Infor Financials or Oracle is helpful
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Bellevue, WA!