Loading some great jobs for you...
CNAis one of the premier providers of professional liability insurance. We arecurrently seeking a Professional Liability Claim professional who can belocated in our Washington D.C.office. The qualified candidate will havethree plus years of experience working for an insurance carrier or a defensefirm handling claims related to Architect and Engineer professional liabilityclaims. These claims can be highly complex in nature and can be valued in themulti-million dollar range. Insurance litigation and coverageinterpretation/analysis experience strongly desired. We seek anindividual who has attended mediations and negotiated settlements involvinginsurance claims. The average caseload for this claim professional willbe approximately 140 files.
Professional liability claims specialist position dedicated exclusively to thehandling of claims against construction design professionals includingArchitects, Engineers, Surveyors, Construction Managers, and Contractors. New assignments require significant investigation and coordination due to theirtechnical complexity. Utilizing corporate Claim policies and departmentalguidelines, the claims specialist reviews coverage, secures and analyzesinformation in order to determine liability and substantiate damages, directsand controls litigation, and ultimately negotiates and settles claims.
EssentialDuties & Responsibilities
1. Interprets more complex or unusual policy coverages and determines ifcoverages apply to claims submitted, escalating issues as needed.
2. Sets activities, reserves and authorizes payments within scope of authority.Ensures issuance of disbursements while managing loss costs and expenses.
3. Coordinates and performs investigations and evaluates claims and suits throughcontact with insureds, claimants, business partners, witnesses and experts.Seeks early resolution opportunities. Identifies files that have potentialfraud and refers to SIU.
4. Utilizes negotiation skills to develop complex settlement packages.
5. Identifies claims with third party recovery potential and coordinates withsubrogation/salvage unit.
6. Partners with attorneys, account representatives, agents, underwriters,doctors, nurse case managers and insureds to develop a focused strategy fortimely and cost effective resolution of more complex claims.
7. Analyzes claims activities. Prepares and presents reports for management.May be responsible for special projects and presentations.
8. Responsible for input of data that accurately reflects claim circumstancesand other information important to our business outcomes.
9. May provide guidance and assistance to other claims staff and functionalareas.
10. Keeps current on state/territory regulations and issues as well as industryactivity and trends.
Mayperform additional duties as assigned.
Manager or Director
Skills,Knowledge & Abilities
1. Solid knowledge of claims and insurance industry theory and practices.
2.Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge.
3.Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Ability toeffectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external businesspartners.
4.Ability to work independently, managing time and resources to accomplishmultiple tasks and meet deadlines.
5.Strong analytical and problem solving skills enabling viable alternativesolutions.
6.Ability to exercise independent judgement and make critical business decisionseffectively assessing the merits of claims as well as evaluating claims basedon a cost benefit analysis.
7.Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-relatedsoftware.
8.Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinions and ideas.
9.Ability to fully comprehend claim information; and to further articulateanalyses of claims in internal reports.
10.Ability to handle claims with a proactive long-term view of business goals andobjectives.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designationspreferred.
2. Typically a minimum three to five years claims experience.