Employment Type: Full-Time
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Sanitation Worker:
- Competitive starting pay: $15.50 per hour
- Medical, Dental, and Vision at affordable weekly deductions
- PTO according to company policy
- 401K for retirement
- Company Sponsored Health & Wellness and discounts programs
Sanitation Worker Position Summary:
- The Sanitation Worker is required to safely sanitize equipment by following processes and procedures to maintain food quality and safety. In Addition, a Sanitation Worker will conduct routine custodial services and building and grounds upkeep.
- Sanitation Worker Key Job Responsibilities:
- Practices and complies with all company OSHA and government rules and procedures including: Lock-out/Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety and food safety standards.
- Sweeps, wipes, scrubs, vacuums, sanitizes, washes and pickup as required to keep building, grounds and equipment clean and sanitary to provide an environment to produce wholesome food products that meet company, regulatory and customer standards.
- Assigned daily job responsibilities on bakery sanitation days.
- Ensures safe ad proper use of tools and equipment; ensures hand tools are free of defects; maintains neat and orderly work area, including proper storage/disposal of solvents and other cleaning chemicals in accordance with OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies and company policies.
- Keep accurate records of cleaning performed.
- Supports production and packaging area.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
Schedule Hiring for:
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; Days off Vary
- Shift start times: Approximately 9:00 pm (graveyard)
- Overtime as needed
Sanitation Worker Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred but not required
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Communicate and work effectively both independently and with associates in a team environment.
- Work in an environment containing flour dust, cleaning agents, and various chemicals.
- Read, write, speak, and comprehend English in order to follow work and safety instructions.
- Work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off, nights, weekends, and holidays when needed.
- Work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Stand, climb, and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently twist, push, pull, reach, and bend and perform repetitive motions.
- Work effectively in an environment with varying temperatures and humidity (indoor and outdoor).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the Job Description
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Loading some great jobs for you...