Sr. Technical Sales Executive - AWS WWPS SLG
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Would you like to own driving customer and partner engagement for a leader in the cloud computing industry? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with customers and partners that are reinventing their business and IT strategy by adopting cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and government sales experience to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a sales executive within AWS focusing on the government technology provider market, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad adoption of Amazon's utility computing web services. Your responsibilities will include: closing business at a rapid rate; developing and managing a growing book of business; and fostering business and technical relationships based on your knowledge of the customer's business objectives. You will have regular interactions with the CXO level people in your top accounts. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects at a high level. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
* Identify, engage and close opportunities across all markets and accounts, using a solution selling approach;
* Maintain and build an accurate and robust pipeline. Commit to a forecast of specific business opportunities within a time period and perform the full range of sales activities from demand generation campaigns to pipeline management by engaging with customers, AWS internal resources, and partners. Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems;
* Execute strategic sales & business development plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. field sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.);
* Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case;
* Work closely with the customer and partner base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required, and documenting wins in use cases and case studies;
* Prepare and give business reviews to the management team regarding progress and roadblocks to gaining new customers;
* Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group, while handling a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market;
* 50% + travel required.Basic Qualifications
* 5+ years of direct enterprise sales experience
* Demonstrated experience selling to partners and the ability to enable selling through partners to ensure mutual success
* Experience working within the software and cloud computing industry
* Demonstrated experience exceeding quota over a 3+ year period
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, director of sales, leader, principal, regional sales manager, sales executive, shift lead, team leader, territory manager
Loading some great jobs for you...