Software Development Engineer - ReactNative Storytelling Team
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Amazon Photos helps consumers preserve and re-live their memories. The service comes with unlimited photo storage for Prime members and apps are available on iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Fire Tablet & Fire TV. The service is also integrated into Alexa devices such as Echo Show and Echo Spot. Amazon Photos is the latest digital offering to consumers released on the heels of the Amazon Music and Amazon Video offerings. We have ambitious goals to scale growth and adoption of the service around the world and delight our customers with a great product.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to contribute to architecture and cross-platform development of new personalized photo and video experiences. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the future of Amazon Photos. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged.
In this role you will:
· Have a test-first mentality to prevent issues from affecting customers. You understand the nuances and challenges with cross-platform development.
· Write maintainable code, perform peer code-reviews, write technical design documents, and participate in technical design discussions.
· Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application.
· Work in a team environment to collaborate and strive for consensus by making data-driven decisions.
· Design, develop, and deploy custom React Native components. Advocate for code reusability across multiple products. Have the ability to span the full-stack whenever necessary.
· Analyze and optimize applications to maximize speed and scale, factoring in mobile network latency and bandwidth constraints.
· Work in an Agile environment to continuously deliver high quality software.
· Have a high attention to detail, working closely with business and technical stakeholders to drive measurable results.
We are a team that cares about your work-life balance, while challenging you to solve problems at Amazon scale. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue your personal and professional growth. You will build software that will improve people’s lives.
· An understanding of React Native with at least one application release in the Google Play and Apple App Store.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience in communicating with stakeholders, other technical teams, and senior management.
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
· Hands-on experience in multiple disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
· A sense of humor and an ability to laugh.
Loading some great jobs for you...