Software Development Engineer (Big Data) (Level 5)
Compensation: $131,430.00 - $189,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Machine Learning is changing the way new products, programs and services are created and intelligently marketed to customers to increase customer engagement. The Customer Forecasting & Valuation team is uniquely organized with SDEs and Research Scientists to solve challenging predictive analytics problems at Amazon scale. Are you passionate about Big Data (Amazon scale), Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics solutions that change real-time decisions on Amazon.com?
Big Data Processing
We are responsible for the production, processing, and analysis of several TB's of customer grain data on a daily basis. We analyze data coming from various traffic channels such as free search, paid search, social, paid social email, associates etc. We also heavily use AWS services such as AWS Flow, S3, EC2, EMR (Hadoop/Spark), Kinesis, DynamoDb to manage our data workflows.
We are building various Machine Learning solutions that learn and become better with time by the addition of new data and validation methodologies. We work with both supervised and unsupervised machine learning approaches not limited to regression, classification, clustering etc. Some sample ML applications we own 1) econometric models that estimate the long-term effects of today's customer actions, 2) every customer's likelihood (propensity) to take an action 3) segmenting customers of similar interests for relevant targeting 4) identifying multiple accounts from a single customer etc.,
We have several services that provide predictions from our models to influence Amazon customer experience. We are looking for an outstanding individual who combines superb technical, communication, and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of software development engineers to raise the bar of the software we deploy.
The ideal candidate for our team is a thinker and a doer: someone who loves sophisticated algorithms and mathematical precision, but at the same time enjoys implementing real systems, learning and teaching world class peer scientists and engineers, and is motivated by the prospect of spectacular business returns.
* BS degree in higher in Computer Science or Mathematics.
* 6+ years of relevant industry experience including work with algorithms, distributed systems and optimization.
* Java or C# or Scala or C++, Linux/Unix environment
* Algorithms/Algorithm Design/Computational Complexity
* Experience working in a complex, service oriented software development
* Strong customer focus
* Deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping great software on time in a fast paced environment.
* Experience defining mathematical models to address optimization using a fitness based approach focused on delivering solutions.
* Track record of delivering solutions that optimize against available resources to save money.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Associated topics: .net, c++, c#, develop, devops, perl, sdet, software developer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...