Software Development Engineer - AWS Identity
Compensation: $131,430.00 - $189,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Security is an important consideration for customers moving to the cloud, and Amazon Cognito helps customers secure some of the most critical data including credentials of the end users of their mobile or web applications. Amazon Cognito provides easy to use authentication, authorization, and user management for web and mobile apps, either directly with a user name and password, or through a third party identity provider such as Facebook, Amazon, or Google. The customer demand is increasing and we are poised to grow the team to add new functionality that will delight all our customers from the developer directly using our service APIs, to the IT administrators managing our customers' identity solutions and finally the end users logging into the customers' apps. We need brilliant engineers to work with us on this new initiative and help us tackle new challenges.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will build features to enable AWS developers to rapidly and effortlessly build an easy to use, frictionless signin and signup experiences for their customers, providing an always-on internet scale authentication and authorization for end users with a fully featured customer identity experience with strong, adaptive protection mechanisms and access to cutting-edge techniques that help prevent, detect, mitigate and respond to today's complicated threat landscape. You will be part of a high performing development team that owns end-to-end development for the service.
A successful candidate is a software developer who has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems from scratch, can operate independently demonstrating strong judgement in face of technical problems and successfully deliver projects. Ideally, experience with security and/or distributed systems would make it easier to hit the ground running. If this sounds like you, come join us in Seattle and help AWS write a new chapter in the cloud computing story for the industry.Basic Qualifications
* 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 2+ years of proven experience in developing scalable production systems
* Experience using at least one object oriented programming language (Java, C++, C#, etc.)
* Expertise in computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with developers, product managers, and our customers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Associated topics: .net, application, c c++, c#, php, python, sdet, software developer, software development engineer, software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...