Do you want to build a brand new service in the Cloud? Do you have a passion for solving complex problems? Do you want to be involved in the future of cloud computing?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Networking team is looking for an experienced software engineer for building a brand new service offering. You would be influential in building the new service. This is a great opportunity for you to interact directly with customers and influence in defining and building a new service.
The ideal candidate for our team will be passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon EC2 present and about "Cloud Computing" in general. He or she will have a strong design and implementation experience, in-depth knowledge of distributed system architectures, good understanding of networking and security protocols and experience leading other engineers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
* 4+ years of professional software development experience
* 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in designing and building multi-threaded and highly available applications in Java/C/C++
* Passionate problem solver, self starter and willing to dive deep into unfamiliar and existing code base.
* Troubleshooting and debugging production issues.
* Writing automated unit, integration and regression tests.
* Scripting in either python, bash or ruby on linux.
* Have a good understanding of distributed systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Associated topics: application architect, application developer, backend, c, design, design pattern, devops, matlab, perl, php