Process Designer, Amazon Relief Fund
Compensation: $57,820.00 - $87,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
In March 2020, Amazon established the Amazon Relief Fund with a $25 million initial contribution focused on supporting our independent delivery service partners and their drivers, Amazon Flex participants, and seasonal employees under financial distress during this challenging time. In the future, this fund will support our employees and contractors around the world who face financial hardships from other qualifying events, such as a natural disaster, federally declared emergency, or unforeseen personal hardship.
Amazon is seeking a Process Designer to help operationalize and scale the Amazon Relief Fund. This multi-disciplinary role will require working across many departments and levels of leadership to define the current state of operations, identify areas of improvement, and design the future state. By driving efficient execution and scaling of the Amazon Relief Fund, this role ensures that beneficiaries of the fund are able to quickly access support during a time of great need.
The Amazon Relief Fund Process Designer will be a hands-on, self-starter who role-models a desire to continually optimize and simplify business processes. This role requires strong analytical capabilities, an ability to drive clarity and progress in an ambiguous environment, and initiative to invent new operational models.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
* Mapping process flows, value streams, and decision rights involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and systems
* Leading future state process design and presenting benefits and tradeoffs of options
* Identifying business process gaps, assessing impact, and recommending action plans and timelines to address those issues
* Facilitating Kaizen events and utilizing data and analytics to identify improvement opportunities
* Working with tech and data teams to harmonize current technology with operational needs
* Performing root cause analysis on key issues
* Developing risk management plans including coordination of issue escalation and resolution as well as contingency plans to mitigate risks, when/where appropriate.
* Providing recurring project status updates, recommendations, and other as-needed reporting to leadership teams
* Driving a culture of continuous improvement in the program
* Benchmarking both internally and externally against best-in-class programs and leveraging best practices
* Relentlessly driving waste out of processes and system
This role is based in Seattle, WA and may require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
* 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
* 5+ years of experience in program or project management
* 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
* 5+ years of experience in business process reengineering, process optimization and process improvement
* Knowledge of process mapping, process design, and workflow management software and applications
* Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective written and verbal communication
* Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics
* Working knowledge and proven track record of success with analytical problem solving methodologies and programs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet, management, manager, manager trainee, operations manager, supervisor, svce, technician, union
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...