Business Development Representative (BDR)
Compensation: $82,190.00 - $145,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Marketplace or 'Selling on Amazon' business exceeds 50% of the total Amazon.com sales and is growing. Each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the Marketplace adding millions of new products. The Category Development team's vision is to recruit and develop all brands in the world for our Customers and provide excellent Customer Experience. As an organization, Amazon's North American Seller Services is uniquely highly influential by coordinating across Amazon Customers, Amazon Category teams and Amazon Sellers. We are a business development organization; we drive growth for over 2MM Amazon Sellers through business intelligence, cross-selling efforts and integrated Account Management. We are successful by focusing on aggressive growth for our Sellers' businesses.
As a Business Development Rep (BDR) you will be an important member of the sales organization, playing a critical role in qualifying leads, lead enrichment, profiling customers and providing input on which sales campaigns generate the best leads. Working in collaboration with your sales peers, sales operations, account managers, and program managers, your primary objective is to identify and create qualified opportunities for the team you support. You will be required to vet and dedupe leads, find contact information for target lists, and prospect new brands to be recruited. Quite often you will be the customer's very first introduction to the Amazon experience!
This is a new entry level role within the organization that is great for someone looking to get into a sales role. As the program expands, more responsibilities will be added, on a day to day basis you can expect to:
* Create, manage and drive to sales acceptance, all inbound and outbound leads.
* Identify key metrics, help define KPIs, and report to partner teams.
* Vet and dedupe lead lists against our CRM, holdout lists, and managed portfolio to ensure net new leads.
* Find contact information for key stakeholders (many times C-level executives) through internal tools, external searching, and 3rd party tools (such as LinkedIn).
* Understand the Amazon and category value props to be able to present the value to prospective brands.
* Update and maintain customer information within SalesForce.com
* Engage with potential customers via phone, email, and other channels to understand their business needs and identify opportunities.
* Schedule meetings and develop new business opportunities to fuel Amazon's growth.
* Partner with sales to achieve mutually aligned sales strategies
* Help the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business.
* Initiate prospecting and lead generation activities.
* Meet or exceed targets for customer acquisition and transitioning qualified accounts.
* Educating and networking with key prospect and customer contacts.
* Relay market needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Sales, Operations, Account Management, and Category Management teams.
* Quickly understand the Amazon value prop and ideal customer profile
* A desire to pursue a career in Sales coupled with a strong will to achieve.
* Self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills, decisive, and result oriented.
* Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, customer focus, and highly data-driven are musts.
* Experience managing numerous requests concurrently and prepared to work in a fast-paced environment
* 1+ years of sales experience or equivalent
* Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to role-up your sleeves
* BA/BS degree
* Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
* Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...