At Amazon.com we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. In Selling Partner Support we are building and operating exceptional solutions to provide world class support to Sellers on Amazon's Consumer business, which exceeds 45% of the total Amazon.com platform sales. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history as a Business Analyst for the Seller Experience team based in Seattle.
Are you data savvy, business focused, with a desire to use your analytical prowess to help others understand Seller needs and drive change through rigorous data analysis?
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, an expert with SQL and Excel, experienced with significance testing and A/B experimentation, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines.
In this role you will:
Be an important member of a team that improves the experience of selling on Amazon by eliminating defects, proactively identifying and resolving selling issues, and discovering seller insights.
· Dive deep into Amazon’s data to reveal trends, surface insights, support machine-learning based automation, poll sellers and analyze how sentiments predict behaviors, perform cohort analysis, and run experiments to test hypotheses and to quantify impacts.
· Work closely with Program Managers, Product Owners, Technical Product Managers, Data Engineers, Process Engineers and senior management to define and build reporting and analytic solutions that allow us to make data-based product and business decisions that make it easier to sell on Amazon.
· Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
· Analyze and solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes and discovering forward-looking opportunities.
· Rigorously examine metrics and design new metrics that provide guidance about the state of the business.
· Communicate complex analyses and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing.
· Create and maintain tools and reports which support Senior leadership and various teams throughout the organization.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· BS/BA in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, quantitative Social Sciences or related field.
· 3+ years of experience of writing SQL queries.
· Advanced excel skills (pivot, macros, v-lookup etc.)
· Experience with A/B testing and statistical significance testing.
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to translate complex analysis into actionable recommendations.
· Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, quantitative Social Sciences or related field
· Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated ability in using data and metrics to identify root causes
· Proficiency in a statistical software such as R, Stata, SAS, SPSS, or Minitab
· Experience with predictive analytics, data mining, and data visualization
· Experience with survey research
· Experience working with wide variety of business data sources
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...