Data Engineering Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Selling Partner Fees team owns the end-to-end fees experience for two million active third party sellers. We own the fee strategy, fee seller experience, fee accuracy and integrity, fee science and analytics, and we provide scalable technology to monetize all services available to third-party sellers.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineering Manager to help manage existing data resources, implement new technologies and tooling to further enable science and analytics, as well as help drive scalable data sharing practices. In this role you will split your time between hands on development and managerial activities. You will own data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new processes that support teams across the global fees organization. You will gather requirements through direct interaction with business, science, as well as software development teams. You will track the performance of our resources and related capabilities, constantly evolving our offering in order to scale our capability set with the growth of the business and needs of our customers.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· 5+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Experience in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using EMR, Hadoop, Hive, or other Big Data technologies
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.)
· Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
· Experience with hardware provisioning, forecasting hardware usage, and managing to a budget
· Proven track record of sharing outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Experience with security standards like symmetric and asymmetric encryption, virtual private clouds, IP whitelisting, LDAP authentication, and other methods
· Extensive experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of Redshift, EMR, Athena, Aurora, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, EC2, etc.
· Extensive Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...