Software Development Manager - AWS Crypto Tools
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you excited at the prospect of keeping millions of customers’ data safe? Do you want to help secure web services by implementing cryptography at scale? Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need. We enable customers to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements. AWS Key Management Service and AWS CloudHSM provide encryption and key management services, while AWS Certificate Manager handles the complexity of provisioning, deploying, and managing certificates.
The AWS Crypto Tools team helps AWS customers protect their sensitive data inside and outside of the cloud by building and maintaining easy to use, secure, open source encryption tools and libraries. We are looking for an experienced software developer with an interest in practical cryptography to join us in building the most secure and user-friendly tools available to help our customers protect their data and accelerate use of cryptography in all AWS services.
You should have experience designing scalable, customer-centric systems and a passion for delivering secure software solutions. Along with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists you will own delivering and supporting cryptographic tools and libraries used by internal and external customers around the world.
Your responsibilities include:
· Managing a team of software development engineers to build massively scalable tools and libraries that are core to all AWS services
· Owning the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, testing, and implementing new features for AWS Cryptography
· Operating an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers
· Delivering foundational libraries for one of the most secure and reliable services in all of AWS
· 10+ years software development experience with large-scale Internet-facing system
· 3+ years experience managing a team of software engineers including performance and career management of team members
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
· Experience in leading software design for distributed scalable systems
· Experience writing software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
· Strong and creative problem solving abilities
· Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
· Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
· Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
· Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
· Distributed systems experience
· Experience working with cryptographic systems such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or key management systems such as Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Women / Minority / Disability/Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Loading some great jobs for you...