Principal Developer Advocate - Amazon Web Services - Timestream
Employment Type: Full-Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a talented, self-directed Developer Advocate to, drive adoption and community engagement for Timestream which is a brand new, high-scale, and disruptive database service in AWS.
Timestream is a fast, scalable, fully-managed time series database service that makes it easy to store and analyze trillions of events per day in a cost-efficient manner. Time series data — data that measures how things change over time — is one of the fastest growing data types. Millions of smart industrial machines, IT systems, and IoT devices constantly emit vast amounts of telemetry. A modern car produces GBs of sensor data in a single day, modern aircrafts hundreds of GBs in a single flight, and even more data is generated on factory floors and by IT systems. Timestream is purpose-built to enable customers to analyze this vast amount of information for monitoring, process optimization, fault-prediction, and many other use cases that are either too expensive or impossible to realize using existing systems. Timestream is serverless and scales seamlessly without requiring customers to provisioning, setup, and configure servers, allowing them to focus on their business.
In this role, you’ll combine your experience with open source initiatives and enthusiasm for working with developers to generate grass-roots attention and support for Timestream. You will drive adoption and community engagement for Timestream and will be instrumental in convincing developers, technologists, and key industry opinion-makers that this is best timeseries database.
You’re someone who enjoys writing code, have experience contributing to open source projects and gets great satisfaction from guiding developers and enterprises towards a technology you believe in. You have immediate credibility with developers and also are equally at home working with decision makers at large enterprises. You have a breadth of experience across different tech stacks, architectures, and organizations styles to help you quickly earn trust with customers and understand their pain points. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
If this sounds like you, this is your dream job. Your responsibilities will include:
· Actively engaging with Marketing, Sales and other Go-To-Market teams to deliver compelling presentations, workshops, screencasts, white papers, code samples, and tutorials to drive adoption of Timestream
· Leading and moderating discussions in online forums, answering customer questions on GitHub/Stack Overflow, working on Pull Requests
· Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, presenter, and keynote speaker at meetups, technology conferences, trade shows and press events
· Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
· Collecting high quality customer feedback and combining it with industry trends to help the product teams steer their feature roadmap
· Working with your worldwide counterparts to share best practices and help build a best-in-the-industry developer advocacy organization
· Has a Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
· Has 7+ years in the technology industry in a technical, product management, or evangelism/advocacy role
· Is proficient in SQL and has kept up with the latest technical advancements in the timeseries/IoT space.
· Has 3+ years as a software development engineer
· Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills, including written communication
· Can explain things in ways people understand and by which they are inspired
· Has the ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of DBAs and software developers
· Is willing to travel and work autonomously
· Master’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline (or equivalent experience)
· 10+ years in the technology industry in a technical, product management, or evangelism/advocacy role
· Experience working in a startup type of environment a plus
· Demonstrable following in social and technical channels such as Twitter, YouTube, GitHub, and Twitch
· Active contributor to open source projects.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation,
Loading some great jobs for you...