Locations: Puyallup, Sumner, Tacoma, Lakewood, Gig Harbor, JBLM, Dupont, University Place, Fircrest.
Position Requirements & Responsibilities:
Provide the required care that is detailed out in each clients personal plan of care.
Provide personal care:
- BathingGrooming, including oral care
- Assist the client with dressing and undressing
- Assist the client with toileting activities
- Assist in feeding the client, if necessary
- Feed clients who are unable to feed themselves
- Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
- Provide client with help walking and transferring
- Observe client's physical, mental and emotional conditions
- Report any change to the immediate supervisor; Document observed changes
- Measure and document intake and output, if necessary
- Assist client in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder)
- Perform light housekeeping
- Perform meal preparation and clean up
- Change bed linens and make up the client's bed
- Maintain an orderly client environment
- Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
- Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
- Participates in client teaching according to the client's plan of care.
- Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure client's rights are adhered to. These include but are not limited to:
- the right to privacy and dignity while care is being provided
- the right to accept or refuse care
- the right to confidentiality of their information
- Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
- Use equipment properly and in a safe manner.