A Caregiver is a member of the home care team who performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client s needs. The caregiver is responsible for observing clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. They will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a client s care.
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 10am-2pm
- Competitive Wage's depending on experience and credentials
- Benefits (Accidental, Disability, Cancer, Life Insurance etc)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On Going Training and Certification
- Continuing Education Courses
- Employee Recognition
- Employee of the Month (Bonus)
- Employee of the Year (Bonus)
- 19% Cell Phone Discount for Verizon users
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Position Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Provide the required care that is detailed out in each clients personal plan of care.
- Provide personal care:
- Grooming, including oral care
- Assist the client with dressing and undressing
- Assist the client with toileting activities
- Assist in feeding the client, if necessary
- Feed clients who are unable to feed themselves
- Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
- Provide client with help walking and transferring
- Observe client s physical, mental and emotional conditions
- Report any change to the immediate supervisor; Document observed changes
- Measure and document intake and output, if necessary
- Assist client in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder)
- Perform light housekeeping
- Perform meal preparation and clean up
- Change bed linens and make up the client s bed
- Maintain an orderly client environment
- Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
- Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
- Participates in client teaching according to the client s plan of care.
- Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure client s rights are adhered to. These include but are not limited to:
- the right to privacy and dignity while care is being provided
- the right to accept or refuse care
- the right to confidentiality of their information
- Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
- Use equipment properly and in a safe manner.
One of the following; Certified Nursing Assistant CNA, Nursing Assistant Registered NAR, Home Care Aid (HCA), MA.
If you don't have any of the following certifications we offer the required training.