Position Purpose: To direct the operation of the produce department, including supervising and training personnel. Ensures customer service and product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
· Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of personalized service in the produce department.
· Supervising the day to day functions of the produce department to achieve customer service, and sales and profit objectives.
· Supervises, motives, directs, trains and in the hiring of produce personnel. Monitors associate performance and recommends personnel actions such as hiring, firing, layoff and disciplinary actions. Schedules personnel to ensure adequate coverage and service levels and to meet department budgetary objectives.
· Conducts daily inspections of all produce sections and initiates corrective measures to ensure compliance with product freshness and quality. Rotates products, discards outdated or spoiled product and maintains in stock conditions, sanitation and safety requirements.
· Assists with all produce duties such as: receiving, cleaning, trimming, cutting, watering and displaying.
· Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays. Controls shrink and expenses. Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet, purchase report, and sales and labor and other required paperwork and logs. Maintains records on ad items movement.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...