Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Pharmacy Technician provides friendly, courteous, and
helpful service. Counts and packages prescriptions, prepares billing, types labels, reorders supplies,
processes payment, excepts money and makes change and returns merchandise. Handles, moves and
puts away incoming freight. The Pharmacy Technician reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
Safeway Pharmacy Technician employees are generally responsible for completing the following job
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and
within company policy.
2. Fills bottle with prescribed tablets or capsules. Prepares labels for bottles using computer.
3. Replaces stock in displays surrounding the pharmacy area.
4. Receives and stores incoming supplies.
5. Counts stock and enters data into computer to maintain inventory records.
6. Repairs and processes records of medication and equipment dispensed and enters data into
7. Cleans equipment and containers according to prescribed methods.
8. Operates electronic cash register to total customers' final bill. Receives payment for customers'
purchase and count back correct change. Bags purchased items.
9. Maintains cleanliness of the pharmacy area of the store.
10. Comply with all policies and procedures set by company.
11. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
4. Pharmaceutical training.
Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements.
%Inside: 100% %Outside: Rare
Temperature Extremes: N/A
Chemicals: Frequent (prescription pharmaceuticals).
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
carts, box cutters, pens, pencils, spray bottle, rags, telephone/intercom, cash register, credit card reader, computer
Safeway, Inc. Seattle Division
SAFEWAY, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Page 2 of 2
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Constant (over 70% of the time)
Constantly lifts 1-10 lbs. Occasionally lifts 11-20 lbs. Seldom lifts 21-50 lbs.
Frequently carries 1-10 lbs. Occasionally carries 11-20 lbs. Seldom carries 21-50 lbs.
Pushing / Pulling:
Occasionally pushes/pulls 1-10 lbs. Seldom pushes/pulls 11-20 lbs.
Constant knee to shoulder level reaching. Occasional overhead and at or above shoulder level reaching.
Constant standing while on job. Sitting allowed on breaks.
Frequent walking while on job.
Seldom. May use step stool or ladder.
Frequent neck rotation, bending of head, bending/stooping, and twisting. Occasional squatting. Seldom
crouching, and kneeling.
Constant handling/grasping. Frequent fine finger manipulation. Seldom repetitive motion.
Use of peripheral vision and depth perception to move around crowded pharmacy area. Near vision used
to read product labels, orders, computer screen displays, and cash register.
To converse with customers, provide service, take orders and perceive questions. Used to converse with
pharmacists and other employees, may speak on telephone or intercom.
To provide service and information to customers and employees and speak on telephone or intercom.
Safeway will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities who can meet
overall job requirements.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...